Annotate is a gem for annotating ActiveRecord models with schema information.
It can be used with virtually any project using ActiveRecord, and can
additionally hook into Rails to run every time
rake db:migrate is executed.
Changes Accepted Upstream
- Change formatting to allow wider output, avoiding cutting off output.
- Fix behavior for model sub-classes.
- Improve dependency handling.
- Implement option to put columns in alphabetical order, addressing issues with out-of-order migration execution.
- Generate gemspec instead of having it be ‘smart’.
- Restore ability of Annotate to be used in context of non-Rails projects.
- Isolate Pry dependency to MRI, to make development under other Rubies easier.
- Make testing under Rubinius less of a hassle.
- Improve code-loading, including support for older versions of Rake.
- Add support for abstract classes.
- Numerous documentation updates/corrections/improvements.
- Improve integration testing infrastructure considerably, and add a variety of integration tests.
- Numerous fixes for typos and minor bugs, consistency, and general tidying up.
- Resolve sea of independent branches, unifying contributed functionality and
closing off branches that implemented functionality differently than was
landed to official branch.
- 858b4d69, 7f9e974d, efa5699a, f8623135, 5286f96b, 5198f1c2, 3bdb536f, 6e41ec0a, 46df45d5, e417f419, 5829e243, 18da6a78, 61b2574d, 3c29b0ac, 4f8a0be6, a1736b22, 6ac0df9b, 00622b3d, 5f0d3c95, 75904357, 22ad7220, 5f17dbf7, 8c6ff2ea, f67b8f1b, 55984c28, 4f02f272, c69f08df, a9f61764, 59bac503, ab20ee5b, 075c125e, 43520d82, 2ff1d370, fc6b727c, 79b9821e, b58a4f71, 56e6930e, f5c1aa0f